Sunday, January 9, 2011

Word of the year: Gratitude

I've seen many people choose a word for 2011. I already wrote this post once, thinking that my word for the year should be Intentional. That would make sense, given our journey of slowing down.

But it didn't feel right.

I'm a very intuitive person, so if something doesn't feel right...I just wait and sit on for a bit. I like to see what feels right.

I decided that Gratitude is my word for 2011. It feels so good to sit back and breathe in all that we have to be thankful for.

And I want to do that more often.

I think creating gratitude journals would be an enlightening exercise for the family.

We recently heard that my husband's job is a little shaky...possibly some lay-offs on the horizon. I'd rather spend more time being grateful for what we have, than wondering about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment